Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

One For Each Arm

I recently finished two new bracelets. The first was a freeform over a wire form. This one is peyote stitch woven around a copper tone wire form. The colors are great for fall. Brown, aqua and bead soup of wonderful jewel tones.

The Second is the first in the upcycled, repurposed bracelets. This is a bangle. It is a collection of glossy magazine pages cut into tiny strips and sealed onto the wooden bracelet form.It has an earthy organic feel as the colors flow from one to another.A great look for the fall!


These and many more can be found in my Etsy shop - DawnChastain - Handbeaded Jewelry

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like the idea of making repurposed bracelets. I've never known that tiny strips of magazines can be used to make bangles. I'm sure my sister will try this handmade project when she's not busy. Thanks for sharing!